Quick CiabattaPosted on June 1st, 2009 No comments
Here is a quick Ciabatta bread. This came to me in a less than complete form, and I’ve pieced it together. The idiot, er, ah sender, really needed to not sent the recipe in UTF7-1/2 encoding…..
They did say this produced the most amazing ciabatta in 5 hours..
Quan Meas Ingredient Comment 16 Oz Bread Flour High Gluten 1 Oz Rye Flour Sifted 16 Oz Water Filtered 2 TSP Yeast Instant 2 TSP Salt Kosher
- Add all ingredients, in a stand mixer.
- Mix roughly
- Rest for 10 minutes.
- Whip/Beat the batter with the mixer paddle, until it climbs out of the bowl bottom (~10-30 Minutes on medium)
- Rest a well oiled container until tripled. (~2.5- 3 Hours)
- Portion in to 3-4 loaves
- Spray with oil and dust with flour.
- Preheat oven to 500F
- Proof for about 45 minutes.
- Gently stretch and shape into ciabatta shape (~10″ oblong rectangle)
- Flip upside down (gently) onto a heavily floured peel.
- Bake at 500F until 200F in the center (~15-20 minutes), rotating / cycle at 10 minutes.